5. I understand and acknowledge that my dog may be the cause of injury or illness to another person or dog, and I will be solely responsible for any costs or expenses resulting from such injury or illness, including without limitation any medical care expenses or veterinary expenses.
6. I understand and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for any and all veterinary and/or medical costs and expenses that may occur while my dog is in the care of Dogzies and during my and/or my dog’s participation in any Activities.
7. I agree that Dogzies may terminate the Activities at its discretion for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation for the protection, safety, and wellbeing of myself, my dog, Dogzies’ staff, and other participants in the Activities.
8. I acknowledge that the enjoyment of my and my dog’s participation in the Activities is derived, in part from the Risks, and I agree to freely accept and fully assume all risks of personal injury, death or property damage or loss, resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, the Risks, active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error of judgment, breach of contract, or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of Dogzies.
9. I hereby waive, release and forever discharge Dogzies from, and agree not to sue Dogzies in respect of, any and all damages, losses, liabilities, claims, costs and expenses (including medical and veterinary fees and legal fees) of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising (including, without limitation, in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to any person, dog, or property, or any other loss or damage) that I or my heirs or next-of-kin may suffer or incur, or allege to suffer or incur, arising in any way out of my participation in the Activities due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation, active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error of judgment, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of Dogzies.
10. I agree to save harmless and indemnify Dogzies from and against any and all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss to any third party, resulting from my or my dog’s participation in the Activities or in the operation of Dogzies. I agree that I am responsible for all costs of rescue or medical or veterinary attention rendered to me or my dog or for my benefit or my dog’s benefit, arising from the Activities and I agree to indemnify Dogzies from any and all liability in respect of any and all such costs.
11. I grant full permission to Dogzies to use my or my dog’s name and/or likeness, and/or any photographs, video clips, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of my participation in the Activities, of me or my dog, for any legitimate purpose as determined by Dogzies, without any compensation to me. I further authorize Dogzies to collect and use personal information about me for the purpose of receiving communications from Dogzies and posting articles of interest, newsletters, promotions, statistics, images and results on the Dogzies’ website and other social media. This consent is provided in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation. I understand that I may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting Dogzies directly.
12. If I am unable to consent at the time due to injury or illness, or If I am unable to be contacted if my dog has been injured, I hereby consent to the administration of first aid and other emergency medical treatment, including veterinary treatment, for such injury or illness that occurs during participation in any Activities or while at any Dogzies facilities. Further, I hereby release and forever discharge Dogzies from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment, other medical services, or veterinary costs rendered as contemplated hereunder.
13. This Agreement shall be binding on my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be severed from this Agreement and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement sets out the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and may not be amended. This Agreement and its application and interpretation will be governed exclusively by the laws of British Columbia applicable and the parties agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia.